17.6.13

Warm Bodies Review *No spoilers* // Movie Mondays

Hi Friends! Here is a mini review, that is hopefully very easy to read, of the film Warm Bodies starring Nicholas Hoult. *Oh yeahh* Now to my thoughts on it...

Summary:- R (Hoult)  is a cold dead zombie who stumbles upon Julie, a living human, and falls in love with her.

What I liked about the film:-
  • Hoult did a decent job playing the R role and carried the film..
  • It had a love conquers all moral to the story.
  • Had very amusing moments, but not amusing enough to make me chuckle out loud.
  • I liked the "boneys" concept.
  • The pace caught up in the last thirty minutes or so.
  • It made me think about how the story was going to end for a good five minutes because the storyline is just one of the weirdest I've seen yet. Definitely didn't guess the ending to this one, oddly enough! (haven't read the book and will not ever)
What I did not like about the film:-

  • I thought the concept was way off. It just didn't make sense to me. 
  • Preferably films should keep zombies, zombies, meaning man eaters and brain eaters. 
  • The love story was very shallow. Because of what R did, the relationship shouldn't even have happened.
  • This was a slow starter. I usually know this is the case when I put the film on and I start browsing other pages and not paying attention to it. It wasn't grabbing enough! Not even Nicholas Hoult's eyes!
  • Story development was minimal.  It was the usual infection, survival of the fittest 'meh' of this genre. 
Should you watch it?
Sure, if you have time to kill and you have absolutely no other choice. Will I pick this over Dumb and Dumber? I would, any day. That film annoys me, just the title.... Anyway, this is a one time watch. Nowhere near Shaun of the Dead standard. If you're curious enough how a love story between a 'corpse', what they call the zombies in the film, and a human then please do. If you can take a bit of the corny concepts and just looking for a quick rom-com, this is also for you. Otherwise, you're probably better off doing the laundry and folding clothes whilst watching the news... Nicholas has other better films.

Have you seen this? If so, I would love to know what you thought of it! :) 

Love,
Adie

The lead actress is practically Kristen Stewart's long lost twin! Have a secret obsession with Kristen. I love her style. I love her straight face. I love her. Oops, I guess it's not so secret anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment